Mothers’ Union of the A.C.K. Diocese of Mt. Kenya South
The Mothers’ Union is a world-wide Christian Organization in the
Anglican Church. It is now 135 years old and has more than 6 Million
members worldwide dedicating to promoting Family life and Marriage. It
is a fellowship united in prayer, worship and service.
Mothers’ Union Vision is of a world where God’s love is shown through:-
- 1. Loving
- 2. Respectfulness
- 3. Flourishing relationships.
- 1. To promote and support married life
- 2. To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
- 3. To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- 4. To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
- 5. To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Phil.4:13
The Diocese is situated South of Nairobi Capital city with Rift Valley
on the North and Thika Diocese on the Eastern side. The Diocese is
mainly in a Rural area. We are divided in 12 Archdeaconries and most
Archdeaconries have more than 5 Parishes making a membership of about
15,000 in total.
We do hold Prayers/Fellowships from Parish level to Diocesan level where
women gather from all over the Diocese for Prayers/Rallies. We do
invite facilitators (Speakers) who talk on different topics that do help
the Mothers so much such as Health, Nutrition, family life (Marriages).
The Mothers’ meet mostly on Wednesdays or any other preferred day in a
week and pray for different issues like Country, our families, Church
etc. Mothers’ also do hold Missions whereby we usually help the poor,
sick, elderly, orphans etc.
As the Coordinators of the Mothers’ Union we arrange for Seminars and
Counselling sessions whereby Women are divided in two categories e.g.
the old and young mothers.
- DIMKES SACCO
The Sacco has maintained its original objective to eradicate (or reduce)
extreme poverty and hunger by elevating the standard of living of our
common Mothers’ Union members by providing an opportunity to improve
their respective economic and social conditions.
- NGONG HOUSES
Being Rental premises, we are able to clear or pay the Diocesan quotas through this project.
- MOTHERS’ UNION SHOP
Situated in the heart of Kiambu town, we do sell different MU articles
and other items such as Bibles, Hymn Books, Prayer books, Mothers’ Union
Executive Committee Members (2011 – 2013)
- Frashiah Thogori Ranji – DMU Patron
- Rachel Kaheti Kariuki – DMU Chairlady
- Paula Nyaithiru Karanja – DMU Coordinator
- Naomi Nungari Mungai – DMU Asst. Coordinator
- Eunice Njeri Mwaura – DMU Asst. Coordinator
- Rosemary W. Nderu – DMU Secretary
- Nancy M. Waihenya – DMU Treasurer
- Jane M. Nyoko – DMU Asst. Secretary
- Ann W. Miriie – Vice-Chairlady
- Loise W. Michuki – Member
- Ann M. Njuguna – Member
- Elizabeth N. Tharao – Chairlady – Kiriita Archdeaconry
- Lucy W. Njoroge – Member
- Beatrice W. Mwaura – Member
- Racheal M. Mburiri – Chairlady – Kirangari Archdeaconry
- Hannah W. Wainaina – Chairlady – Karura Archdeaconry
- Lucy Kinuthia – Chairlady – Sigona Archdeaconry
- Caroline Gikonyo – Chairlady – Limuru Archdeaconry
- Jane Njenga – Chairlady – Kabete Archdeaconry
- Jedidah N. Muchai – Member
- Lilian W. Ngigi – Chairlady – Kiambaa Archdeaconry
- Grace W. Ngure – Member
- Serah N. Gacukia – Member
- Hannah W. Wagichu – Member
- Susan W. Murage – Member
- Patricia Waigwe Mirie – Chairlady – Ngong Archdeaconry
- Luciana K. Thairu – Member
- Emily Wamweya – Member
- Naomi N. Ndungu – Chairlady – Githunguri Archdeaconry